Self-Care, Mental Health & the Privilege of Not Giving a F*ck
In This Episode
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and inspired by listener emails, today’s episode features an important conversation about how our relative levels of privilege affect our access to “wellness”—including self-care and mental health care and of course, the ability to not give a f*ck, depending on where you fall on the spectrum. Sarah approaches these complex and nuanced issues with empathy and humor, probably also making some missteps along the way, but ultimately in hopes of using her own privilege to raise awareness about all of it and offer ideas, inspiration, and support to those who can’t easily access it anywhere else. As always, listen to the end for the NFG tip of the week! Available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Radio.com, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episode every Tuesday.
- The wellness industry & what it wants from you
- Listener questions about privilege as relates to NGAF
- Feeling trapped by circumstances & ideas to get out
- Pursuing self-care & big goals with limited resources
- Destigmatizing mental illness & mental health care
- NFG tip of the week: “A f*ck not given is something gained”
Check it out:
- Listen (or re-listen!) to Episodes 10 & 11, which are focused on mental health and changing your mindset without a big outlay of resources.
- A listener suggested the podcast “Will U Med With Me?” as a fun and TOTALLY FREE introduction to meditating, if you’re interested!
- If you want to send Sarah a question that could be answered on her monthly “You Asked For It!” segment, you can email podcast [at] nofucksgivenguides [dot] com.