In This Episode
In-the-moment strategies for anyone experiencing one of the “Four Faces of Freaking Out” that Sarah Knight describes in this episode: Anxiety, Sadness, Anger, or Avoidance (aka “Ostrich Mode”). Sarah offers up a technique from her bestselling book Calm the F*ck Down that she calls “sleight of mind.” It helps you shift your mindset from the freakout to its flip-side—like a f*cking magician!—at least for long enough to keep you from doing anything that’s going to make your situation WORSE. In addition to eight great tips (some of which you may have heard before and some that you definitely haven’t…), Sarah tells a personal story about “Mexican Airport Syndrome” and why you want to avoid it, and delivers a useful NFG tip of the week for anyone who suffers from anxiety-induced insomnia. Available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Radio.com, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episode every Tuesday.
- 3 pillars of calming the f*ck down: ACKNOWLEDGE/ACCEPT/ADDRESS
- The 4 Faces of Freaking Out
- Welcome to the Flipside
- Sleight of Mind
- 8 top tips for freakout management
- Weekly NFG tip: “Tonight You, meet Tomorrow You”
Check it out:
- Calm the F*ck Down (and the CTFD Journal) go into lots more detail on managing anxiety in your day-to-day life—and even deeper into solving problems once you’re done freaking out about them.
- If you haven’t already, listen to last week’s episode on how to stop freaking out about sh*t that hasn’t even happened yet.